Note from the director: The 2019 Revenue Integrity Symposium needs you
by Jaclyn Fitzgerald
NAHRI is seeking healthcare professionals to speak at its annual Revenue Integrity Symposium (RIS) to be held October 15–16, 2019, at the Renaissance Orlando. Speaking at RIS is a great way to expand your professional horizons as it can help hone your speaking skills and make lasting connections with peers who are invested in the future of revenue integrity. And did we mention speakers who are selected to present at RIS attend the event free of charge?
RIS is NAHRI’s official conference, intended to ensure revenue integrity and reimbursement professionals have a place to network while staying up to date on critical regulatory changes and the latest strategies for revenue integrity workflow.
If you’re interested in taking the stage to share your knowledge and enthusiasm about acute or long-term care revenue integrity, revenue cycle, billing, compliance, and more, throw your hat into the ring by completing our Call for Speakers Application by March 1.
We’re seeking speakers to present on all aspects of revenue integrity, Medicare compliance, and the revenue cycle in acute care and long-term care settings, including but not limited to the following:
- Highlights of IPPS and OPPS annual updates
- Strategies for designing a revenue integrity program, defining leadership, and setting and meeting revenue integrity goals
- Maintaining an up-to-date and compliant charge description master and complying with price transparency guidance
- Enhancing revenue integrity and developing strategies for accurately documenting, coding, and billing patient encounters and stays
- Best practices for reducing payer denials using targeted data analytics
- Understanding the impact of patient status and navigating payer regulations
- Properly addressing NCCI edits and MUEs
- Impact of value-based reimbursement models on revenue
- Current payer audit targets and strategies to protect revenue
- The impact of the new PDPM case-mix payment model on billing and reimbursement
- Tips for successfully navigating various consolidated billing categories
- Ensuring billing office compliance when dealing with Medicare Advantage, Medicare as secondary payer, and benefits verification
- The link between ICD-10 coding and the MDS
NAHRI will waive admission fees to 2019 RIS for all selected speakers and co-speakers. Conference sessions are typically one hour in length and selected presenters will be expected to submit PowerPoint materials at a later date. Speakers are eligible to earn CHRI CEUs for their time and dedication.
We look forward to hearing from you! If you'd like more information or wish to discuss a speaking topic, please email me at email@example.com.