CMS expands list of billable telehealth services
CMS added 11 new services to the list of telehealth services on October 14 that it will pay for during the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) public health emergency (PHE).
Effective immediately and for the duration of the PHE, Medicare providers can bill the following CPT® Category I and HCPCS Level II codes for cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation services when they are performed remotely via telehealth:
- 93797, qualified healthcare professional services for outpatient cardiac rehabilitation; without continuous electrocardiogram (ECG) monitoring
- 93798: …; with continuous ECG monitoring
- 93750, interrogation of ventricular assist device, in person, with qualified healthcare professional analysis of device parameters, review of device function, with programming, if performed, and report
- 95970, electronic analysis of implanted neurostimulator pulse generator/transmitter by a qualified healthcare professional; with brain, cranial nerve, spinal cord, peripheral nerve, or sacral nerve, neurostimulator pulse generator/transmitter, without programming
- 95971 …; with simple spinal cord or peripheral nerve neurostimulator pulse generator/transmitter programming by a qualified healthcare professional
- 95972: …; with complex spinal cord or peripheral nerve neurostimulator pulse generator/transmitter programming by a qualified healthcare professional
- 95983, electronic analysis of implanted neurostimulator pulse generator/transmitter, by a qualified healthcare professional; with brain neurostimulator pulse generator/transmitter programming; first 15 minutes face-to-face with a qualified healthcare professional
- 95984, …; each additional 15 minutes face-to-face with a qualified healthcare professional
- G0422, intensive cardiac rehabilitation; with or without continuous electrocardiogram monitoring with exercise, per session
- G0423, ...; without exercise, per session
- G0424, pulmonary rehabilitation, including exercise (includes monitoring), one hour, per session, up to two sessions per day
A complete list of services payable under Medicare during the PHE is available on CMS’ website.
Editor's note: Thhis article originally appeared on Revenue Cycle Advisor.