An important note regarding remote proctoring for the CHRI certification
NAHRI is moving to a new certification partner in the New Year, Prometric. Prometric allows examinees the option to take your exam in one of two methods:
- At a computer-based testing center, or
- Via remote online proctoring
The former will look almost exactly the same as it did under our prior certification partner. But the latter requires some explanation.
Remote online proctoring allows candidates to take the exam from the comfort of their own home, but be warned: You will be under the supervision of a proctor who will insist on a full inspection of your testing environment. Our best recommendation is to spend the time reading this document.
Among the noteworthy requirements:
- You will need a very clean, clutter free workplace free of all pictures, books (except allowed resources), papers, etc. This includes second monitors, and more.
- Your person will be inspected (sleeves, any areas where clothing could have pockets, behind your ears for possible Bluetooth devices, etc.)
- Your desk and chair will be inspected. Be prepared to move your computer camera around to show the room.
- Make sure you have your exam number and a driver’s license or other ID with a photo
- Make sure the name on your ID matches the name used to register for the exam
Please read the remote proctoring document linked above to avoid surprises.
Good luck with the exam!