Note from the editor: Things to do in your downtime at the 2019 Revenue Integrity Symposium
by Nicole Votta
This year’s Revenue Integrity Symposium (RIS) will be held October 15–16 at the Renaissance Orlando. The resort is located minutes from Walt Disney World® and other attractions, offering RIS attendees a wide range of activities to fill their downtime. Whether you’re staying an extra day or looking for ways to spend your evening after the conference, here are a few of our suggestions.
Start your RIS experience early by attending NAHRI’s members-only reception on October 14 at 6:30 p.m.—the evening before RIS officially kicks off. Get to know your peers over cocktails and light appetizers, compare RIS agendas, and start networking early. Members attending this reception should RSVP online as soon as possible to reserve their space at www.surveymonkey.com/r/XMBGD8K.
Then, join us at the end of day one, October 15, for a networking reception in the exhibit hall from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. Enjoy light snacks and cocktails, trade business cards with your fellow attendees, and discuss highlights of the day’s sessions.
Explore the resort’s amenities
Treat yourself and take advantage of the resort’s features, such as:
- Privai Wellness + Spa. After a long day of attending sessions, networking, and visiting the exhibit hall, give yourself a treat and visit the resort’s spa. Privai Wellness + Spa offers manicures/pedicures, massages, and more. Appointments are required, so be sure to book soon.
- R Aqua Zone. Make a stop at the resort’s family-friendly onsite water park. Separate from the resort’s main outdoor pool, R Aqua Zone features a pint-sized wading pool with a slide, a rain tree, and a 122-foot-long open flume slide.
RIS attendees have access to special discounted rates to Disney parks. To purchase discounted tickets to the Disney parks, click here or call 407-566-5600 by October 12, 2019. Treat yourself to a day of park fun or an evening at Disney Springs, which is honoring a Show Your Badge Program that includes exclusive discounts for RIS attendees who show their badge at various stores and restaurants.
Cap off your day with a relaxing dinner at one of the resort’s restaurants.
- Tradewinds Restaurant. Enjoy classic comfort foods with an upscale, modern twist. Click here to make a reservation.
- Mist Sushi and Spirits. Re-energize after your busy day with sushi and unique cocktails just off the resort’s lobby.
- Boardwalk. Keep up with your favorite sports team at the resort’s lively sports bar featuring locally sourced ingredients and a gluten-friendly menu.
- Palms Pool Bar. Grab a sandwich at the resort’s casual poolside grill. It also offers a gluten-friendly menu.