Eligibility and Participation Requirements
For the founding Council, NAHRI is in search of revenue integrity and revenue cycle leaders who are energized by the prospect of pioneering a dynamic new community dedicated to peer exchange, goal achievement, and advancement of collective knowledge and best practices.
The membership term for the founding Council will be one year and run from September 2020 through August 2021. Council membership will be evaluated annually, and reappointment decisions will be rendered based on NAHRI Leadership Council Selection Committee considerations, as well as on member participation and continued interest.
Qualifying to apply for the Council is simple. You must be:
- A current revenue integrity supervisor, manager, director, or vice president directly employed by a healthcare provider organization.
- Note: Professionals in C-Suite positions or titles related to revenue integrity and revenue cycle leadership (e.g., HIM, finance) are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated based on their responsibilities and experience to determine whether their role aligns with primary Council focus areas.
- Able to meet the following participation requirements for the membership term of September 30, 2020, through August 31, 2021:
- Complete at least 75% of surveys offered during your membership term. (See the “Survey Schedule and Process Details” section below for additional information.)
- Provide and reconfirm membership eligibility and professional details as requested. Inform Council management of any changes in circumstances that may impact eligibility status as soon as possible.
- Grant permission for HCPro and NAHRI to share your contact information and aggregate survey response data with Council sponsors.
Beyond meeting these hard and fast requirements, successful Council candidates will demonstrate the following characteristics and values:
- A passion for connecting with, learning from, and sharing insight with peers.
- A desire for continued growth and development as a revenue integrity/revenue cycle leader.
- A commitment to approaching challenges and opportunities with professionalism, as well as exceptional critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Dedication to advancing revenue integrity and revenue cycle practice and leadership, as well as a demonstrated interest in exploring industry developments, trends, and best practices.
The Selection Committee will consider applications holistically to ensure a breadth of knowledge, experiences, and vantage points are represented on the founding Council.
Council member opportunities
We will track your participation in surveys, quarterly calls, and various other opportunities. Members will move up the ranks from Bronze to Silver to Gold based on participation in these activities as well as several optional activities. To increase your ranking in the Council and industry, please consider participating not only in the aforementioned activities but also our optional activities, including writing for the NAHRI Leadership Insider, presenting on quarterly calls, or participating in our annual Revenue Integrity Leadership Exchange.
A few ways to get more involved on the Council are:
- Presenting on our regularly scheduled community meetings. Note that this is also a CEU opportunity.
- How to get involved: Fill out our pitch form to share the topic you’d be interested in covering and in what capacity (e.g., case study presentation, panel discussion, written article, etc.). The pitch form can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GZ7HZXH. I will reach out to folks who have expressed interest as needed to discuss opportunities.
- Writing for the NAHRI Leadership Insider, our monthly members-only eNewsletter. This is also a CEU opportunity.
- How to get involved: Fill out our pitch form to share the topic you’d be interested in covering and in what capacity (e.g., case study presentation, panel discussion, written article, etc.). The pitch form can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GZ7HZXH I will reach out to folks who have expressed interest as needed to discuss opportunities and timelines.
- Submitting resources to share with other Council members, such as policies, procedures, and educational tools.
- Posting or answering a question on the dedicated Council Forum thread.
- How to get involved: Simply start posting and commenting on the Forum.
Membership tiers and badges
All year-one members start off as charter members and have opportunities to advance to the following ranks:
- Bronze: 75% participation (minimum required)
- Silver: 76%–85% participation
- Gold: 86%–100% participation
Earn additional participation points for taking advantage of volunteer opportunities. Gain two participation points per activity, earn valuable CEUs, and increase your standing in the revenue integrity community