Join us on the podium at the 2020 Revenue Integrity Symposium!
NAHRI is currently seeking speakers to present at the 2020 Revenue Integrity Symposium (RIS), to be held October 6–7, 2020, at The Westin Westminster in Westminster, Colorado.
Is that special person you or a colleague?
We seek speakers to present on all aspects of revenue integrity, Medicare compliance, and the revenue cycle in acute care and long-term care settings, including but not limited to the following:
- Highlights of IPPS and OPPS annual updates
- Enhancing a revenue integrity program using analytics, metrics, and key performance indicators
- Maintaining an up-to-date and compliant charge description master and setting policies for charging for procedures and supplies
- Strategies for designing a revenue integrity program, developing workflows, and setting and meeting revenue integrity goals
- Complying with price transparency requirements and creating appropriate price strategies
- Developing strategies for accurately documenting, coding, and billing patient encounters and stays
- Best practices for reducing payer denials using targeted data analytics
- Current payer audit targets and strategies to protect revenue
- Properly addressing NCCI edits and MUEs
- Understanding the impact of patient status and navigating payer regulations
- Impact of value-based reimbursement models on revenue
- The impact of the new PDPM case-mix payment model on billing and reimbursement
- Tips for successfully navigating various consolidated billing categories
- Ensuring billing office compliance when dealing with Medicare Advantage, Medicare as secondary payer, and benefits verification
- The link between ICD-10 coding and the MDS
Note: If you don't see your hot topic listed here, please write and let us know what expertise you can bring to the podium! Original ideas not included above are welcomed. Presentations may be geared toward beginner, intermediate, or advanced levels.
Sessions are the Revenue Integrity Symposium are approximately one hour in total length; the presentation portion is 45 minutes followed by 15 minutes of Q&A. Applicants should be prepared to present for the entire 45 minutes.
Submission form and deadline
Please click this link: https://app.keysurvey.com/f/1442009/4d73/, complete the form, and submit it to us no later than end of day Monday, February 3, 2020. Please be sure to complete all the fields. Leaving the form open for a lengthy period may cause it to "time out," so you may wish to draft your submission in a separate word document and paste it into the appropriate fields to ensure proper transmission. Speakers are welcome to submit more than one session, but must fill out a separate form for each submission. If you are applying to speak with a co-speaker, your co-speaker(s) must complete the form at this link: https://app.keysurvey.com/f/1442022/8b83/.
NAHRI will waive admission fees to the 2020 Revenue Integrity Symposium for all selected speakers and co-speakers. Conference sessions are typically one hour in length and selected presenters will be expected to submit PowerPoint materials at a later date.
We look forward to hearing from you! If you'd like more information or wish to discuss a speaking topic, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.